Tuesday, August 2, 2011

meagre offerings.



These last few months have been pretty non-productive but none the less enjoyable. I have been out on a number of occasions, including a trip to Kimmeridge and still caught very few fish, sometimes none, hence the lack of blog entries. Nothing to shout about.
Today hasn't been that much better, I caught a few barbie size bream, a solitary mackerel and a bass. It was a beautiful day from the start, an hours bait digging, back home for breakfast and then launching from my local beach, Lepe.  I moved around a bit but wherever I anchored I was plagued with weed which was a real nuisance along with the strong tide.
I observed some strange garfish behaviour whilst sitting at anchor waiting for a fish. A banana skin floating seemed to hold some attraction to a couple of garfish. They were literally jumping over it as it drifted in the tide. I should have taken a photo. The last time I saw this happen was at the mouth of Beaulieu river when I saw one jumping over a large chunk of seaweed. Can anyone shed any light on this strange behaviour?



Lepe 
Beaulieu River
Bass
Kimmeridge
Kimmeridge Wrasse

Kimmeridge
Kimmeridge

1 comment:

  1. At least whilst you were short on fish, you had plenty of time to take some great photos.

    Hope things pick up for you soon :0)

    ReplyDelete