Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Special day.

Today for most people,  was like any other Tuesday in April except a good deal warmer. For me it was special. I got up this morning in a rather relaxed state of mind, the weather was perfect for fishing but, well, there weren't any buts, I was going fishing and there was nothing that was going to stop me. You see today, I am a free man. I have officially retired from Exxon and it was a long time coming. So halle bloody lujah and may the pension fund stay healthy.
 It was encouraging to see that the Mackerel are in at Lepe, the earliest I've seen them in years. I also caught a  Bass but not keeper. So not a great day in terms of fish caught but a beautiful day, sitting in the sun, watching the world go by and counting my blessings. It's a good life.
A free man

Free man with a tiddler.

No comments:

Post a Comment